The Game of Thrones Tour in Split, Croatia includes:
- 2 tours in 1 – Learn about both Game of Thrones and the history of Split
- Local expert guide
- Semi-private tour experience (Max 2-7 people per tour)
- Walking tour of Diocletian’s Palace (including admission)
- Walking tour of Klis Fortress (including admission)
- Visit to the water mill filming location
- Traditional Croatian peka barbecue lunch or dinner with local wine, water and homemade bread at the water mill (most diet restrictions accommodated, by request)
- Round trip air conditioned transfers
- Endless photo opportunities
- For ages 12+ only (Private tour required for young children)
- Click to view detailed tour description
During summer season, we recommend booking at least 2 weeks in advance to secure your preferred date. For last minute bookings, please contact us.
Game of Thrones Tour Description
The tour visits 3 different filming locations in and around Split, Croatia. First, you’ll take a walking tour of the 1700-year-old Diocletian’s Palace in the heart of Split’s old town. You’ll wander the streets that became Meereen, the palace basements and Daenarys’ throne room.
Next, you’ll take an air conditioned transfer to the mountain village of Klis, about 20 minutes outside Split. In this tiny village lies Klis Fortress, which stands tall on the end of a rocky cliff offering the absolute best view of Split, the Adriatic Sea and neighboring islands. Your guide will take you on a walking tour of the fortress, during which he’ll tell you about the Game of Thrones scenes that were filmed here as well as some of the local Croatian history.
Finally, you’ll visit a 600-year-old stone water mill on the Žrnovnica River that still mills flour to this day. This water mill and the Žrnovnica River that runs along side of it were the setting of several scenes from Game of Thrones as well. Here, you’ll enjoy a traditional Croatian barbecue feast with homemade bread from the mill and local wine.
Upon booking, all guests will receive a confirmation email that includes directions to a meeting point in the city center.
For guests that do not show for the tour or guests that cancel less than 24 hours before the tour, we will cancel the booking and charge a 40euro cancellation fee per person to the billing credit card.
October 1 to April 30
- Morning Tour: 10:00am
May 1 to August 31
- Afternoon Tour: 4:00pm
September 1 to September 30
- Morning Tour: 10:00am
- Afternoon Tour: 3:30pm
During summer season, we recommend booking at least 2 weeks in advance to guarantee a spot on your chosen day.
Other Tour Information
For additional information about the Game of Thrones Tour, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question or special request not answered by the FAQ, feel free to contact us directly.
So that we can make arrangements for your meal at the water mill, all bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance. However, we will always do everything we can to accommodate last minute bookings. Contact us to inquire about same day bookings.