The Game of Thrones Walking Tour in Dubrovnik, Croatia includes:
- Walking tour of Dubrovnik’s Old City (King’s Landing & Qarth)
- Walking tour of Lovrijenac Fortress (including admission)
- Licensed local expert guide (who was also an extra!)
- Semi-private tour experience (Max 1-8 people per tour)
- Props and visuals to add to the experience
- Endless postcard-quality photo opportunities
- Length: 2 1/2 hours
- Start times vary and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Start time is confirmed after booking.
- Click here to see a complete list of the sites you’ll see
- Group discounts available for bookings of 5 or more. Contact us for details.
- Click to view detailed tour description
During summer season, we recommend booking in advance to secure your preferred date.
Recommended by tourist boards
Everywhere you turn in the old city of Dubrovnik, you’ll find a spot where the show was filmed. On the Game of Thrones Walking Tour, you’ll visit these filming locations:
- Red Keep – The home of the royal family and the filming location for scenes including Joffrey’s Nameday Tournament, when Tyrion slapped Joffrey, when the Hound saved Sansa from being attacked, the Purple Wedding Sansa saved by the Hound, and when Cersei explained what real power is to Littlefinger.
- Docks of King’s Landing – A few steps away from Pile Gate, hidden from the beaten path, you’ll visit the beach where Myrcella was sent to Dorne by Tyrion, where Robert Baratheon’s bastard child was killed on Joffrey’s orders and dock where Sansa considered eloping with Littlefinger.
- Gates of King’s Landing – This gate may be the entrance to Dubrovnik’s old city, but it was also the scene of the commoner’s rebellion against Joffrey and the scene when Jaime returned from the North.
- Littlefinger’s Brothel – The spot where Oberyn, Tyrion, the High Septon and many other King’s Landing elite dabbled in vice.
- House of Undying – You’ll get a great panoramic view of the tower used for this site from the front steps of Littlefinger’s Brothel
- Sept of Baelor – Many characters filmed here including Tomen, Cersei and the High Septon
- Palace of the Spice King of Qarth – Dubrovnik is not just King’s Landing. Check out the palace where Daenarys asked the Spice King for ships to carry her back to Westeros so she could take her rightful place on the Iron Throne.
- Walk of Shame – Follow Cersei’s painful path from the Sept of Baelor to the Red Keep
- Views of Qarth – From Revelin Fortress, gaze at an amazing view of wooded Lokrum Island that became utopia of Qarth
- And more…
April 1 through November 30
- Tour start times vary and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Tour start time will be confirmed upon booking the tour. You can also let us know of your preferred start time, which we will confirm if available.
- You can also pick your own start time by contacting us.
December 1 through March 30
- Please contact us for availability. There is a minimum of 2 people for tours in the off season.
During summer season, we recommend booking at least 2 weeks in advance to guarantee a spot on your chosen day.
Your guide will meet you next to the fountain at Pile Gate 10 minutes prior to the tour start time. The tour guide will be holding a Lannister banner. Tour begins promptly at assigned start time. For custom start times, contact us.
Printed tour voucher or and electronic version (PDF) on your smartphone must be presented at time of tour.
For cancellations received at least 72 hours prior to the tour, we will provide a 100% refund of the deposit. Within 72 hours of the tour, the deposit is non-refundable. Regardless of time frame, we request that you let us know by Live Chat, email, contact form or by phone at +385 98 175 1775.
For guests that do not show up for the tour, do not provide notice they will not attend or cancel less than 24 hours in advance, we will charge the billing credit card a 25EUR no show fee per person. We understand that sometimes things happen, which is why we request that you let us know if you do not plan to attend the tour.
Other Tour Information
We recommend bringing:
- Comfortable walking shoes (there are around 300 stairs)
If you have a question about the Game of Thrones Walking Tour or special request, feel free to contact us directly.