Last Update: July 23, 2018
Who We Are
“Game of Thrones Tours” owns and manages the https://gameofthronestourcroatia.com website, which provides Game of Thrones Tours in Split and Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Please review the following basic terms that govern your use of and purchase of products from our Site. Please note that your use of our Site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by this ‘Agreement’.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information for those that choose to book our tours or contact us.
What Personal Data Do We Collect and Why We Collect It
For a better experience, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, which is detailed below.
Log Data and Analytics
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our site, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
We use only local cookies (no third-party cookies) to simply your experience on our web site.
When contacting us via contact form, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Name – We collect this to identify you as a tour guest.
- Email address – Collected to contact you regarding your booking or inquiries only.
- Number of guests in your party – Collected to understand your needs.
- Tours you are interested in – Collected to understand your needs.
If contacting us via Live Chat, you may be asked to provide:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- The tours you are interested in
- The dates you are interested in
- The number of people in your party
When you book a tour, you will be asked to provide:
- Your name – This is used only to identify you as the primary contact on the booking.
- Names of the other guests in your party, which is optional and you may decline to provide. – We ask this to provide a more personalized experience.
- Your email address – This is used only to contact you regarding your booking.
- Your contact number – This is used only to contact you before or on the date of your tour regarding your tour.
- Credit card details – Your credit card information is used to make payment. Your full credit card number, expiration and security code may be saved within our payment gateway, but will be encrypted and are not viewable by anyone. Why do we save your credit card details? We have a strict cancellation and no-show policy for all of our tours. If you do not show up for the tour or cancel less than 24 hours in advance, then we may charge a cancellation fee per person. You may read more about our cancellation policy on our FAQ page.
- Diet restrictions – If you are taking the Split tour, we will ask if anyone in your party has diet restrictions we should be aware of. We ask this so we may make arrangements for your meal that are in line with your allergies, if applicable.
During the Tour
Your photo will NEVER be used for any other purpose other than marketing our tours.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To improve our tours;
- To perform tour-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing our performance.
We want to inform our tour guests that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We currently use the following third-party services that may have secure access to the data you provide us:
- Turitop Booking Engine
- Google Analytics and Calendar
- Stripe Payment Gateway
- Zopim ZenDesk Live Chat
For execution of the tours, we send your information provided at booking to the following third party service providers:
- Doria, d.o.o.
- Amarcord, obrt za turističke usluge vl. Antonija Poljak
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it such as SSL security. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Examples of embedded content on this site include:
- YouTube videos
- Turitop Booking Form – Which collects all of your booking data as detailed above
- TripAdvisor reviews
How long we retain your data
All provided information at any of the points detailed above is retained indefinitely.
What rights do you have to your data
If you have contacted or booked a tour with us, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, tax or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Your data is only used for the purposes of:
- Managing your booking
- Marketing our tours
- Communicating with you
- Analysis to improve our customer experience and tours
We will NEVER sell your data to a third party.
We protect your data by:
- Using best practices to secure our web site and third party tools
- Not sharing your data with any third party that does not play a role in fulfilling your booking
- Giving you the right to request your data
What happens if there is a data breach
A personal data breach is defined as a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by our company.
If there is a data breach involving your personal data, you will be notified by Game of Thrones Tours immediately. The notification will include the type of breach and details on which personal data has been affected.
In addition, Game of Thrones Tours will identify the cause of the breach and will make changes to rectify the security issue.